The Sr. Student Support Advisor is responsible for managing student attrition through providing proactive, reactive, comprehensive and exceptional customer service. This position is the critical first line of defense in executing 2U's expected white glove service level for its students, graduates and faculty.
• Provide leadership and oversight to the growing team of current part time as well as full time staff
• Assist in managing the activities of student services team in regards to managing the processes for new student on-boarding training, class monitoring, follow-up, and communication. Serve as the primary contact for other student support advisor’s scheduling, questions, as well as, provide assessment of critical situations determining when escalation is required.
• Assists the director in addressing staff performance issues, concerns, and achievements.
• Responsible for designing and implementing processes that foster student retention and success
• Work with Faculty Support Manager to make ensure students are full supported during live sessions as well as coordinate with Faculty Support to ensure all live sessions are monitored. Work with internal cross-functional teams (tech and faculty support) to promptly resolve student issues.
• Work closely with University partners on smaller scaled program; Serve as main point of contact for said program.
• Assist in development and implementation of qualitative and quantitative accountability measures to provide visibility into the team’s activities and used to identify, track and implement ongoing improvement projects.
• Manage student attrition through providing proactive, reactive, comprehensive and exceptional customer service. This position is the critical first line of defense in executing 2U's expected white glove service level for its students, graduates and faculty.
• Oversees and helps performs the day-to-day operations to ensure department functions are in accordance with university policies.
• Responsible for attaining management set student retention goals/ Develop and implement student retention programs
• Ensure consistent operation of department in accordance with all university policies.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Minimum 2 – 4 years experience working in a service-oriented, customer support or related field. Minimum 6+ months experience as a Student Support Advisor strongly preferred.
• Strong customer service background required. Previous experience providing exceptional customer service in a collegiate or university environment is a strong plus.
• Familiarity with online learning technology a plus
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Familiarity with using technology in an educational setting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, personal, tactful, and concise manner
• Strong student-centered, customer service focus; commitment to student and faculty satisfaction and success
• Ideal candidate has a passion for building and maintaining relationships with their team and the students
• Flexibility to work scheduled evening or weekend hours, 2-3 times a week, to support students during peak evening and weekend times
• Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
• Ability to work and contribute in a team environment
2U partners with leading colleges and universities to deliver the world’s best online degree programs. Our Platform, a fusion services and technology, enables schools to attract, enroll, educate, support and graduate students around the world. Our company culture is united by our No Back Row® philosophy; the idea that when we each lean in and do our part, we are better individually and collectively.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.