The Senior Placement Specialist plays a critical part in the lifecycle and retention of the students. Each Placement Specialist is responsible for creating and maintaining strategic partnerships with sites in specific regions to place students in appropriate settings as part of the students’ education in the program. This role is key in maintaining the student’s enrollment status in each program. It is critical to the business that students are placed on time, in appropriate agencies that match the program of study, to ensure the retention of students within each program. It is critical that the Senior Placement Specialist’s focus is on building new partnerships for our ever-growing business needs. Senior Placement Specialists are expected to create and sustain high quality, on-time placements according to university guidelines. Sr. Placement Specialists have demonstrated through past performance that they are able to maintain high quantitative performance metrics, and that they are invested in not just in their own success, but in the success of the Placement team as a whole.
● Managing all aspects of placement for online Master’s program for specified territory/region to ensure overall student success in the program
● Taking full ownership of designated territory by creating and maintaining all contracts and becoming an expert in placement opportunities within the region
● Developing new partnerships and maintaining relationships with agencies for placements
● Matching agencies with students
● Place students on time to prevent any lapse in class registration
● Communicating regularly with assigned students and addressing all incoming communications from students in an expedient and professional manner with 2U’s white glove service mentality
● Creating strategy for long term placement relationships as well as fulfilling “one off” placement requirements for students
● Working with counterpart at the university on vetting sites and coordinating site visits when appropriate
● Maintaining a higher than average velocity metric for their program, within top 10-20% velocity for team
● Maintaining a world-class (50 or above) Net Promoter Score as evidence of their superior customer service skills to our students
● Serve as an positive example for other Placement Specialists by looking for ways to improve and unite the Placement team as a whole
● Participating directly in new hire training and onboarding
● Put forth a superior level of effort each day to complete responsibilities, and willingness to go above and beyond to secure even our most challenging placements
● Complete additional projects and responsibilities assigned by manager
● Assist more than one program based on placement cycles and business needs
● Bachelor’s degree. Master’s Degree or other advanced degree preferred
● Minimum of 5+ years and experience providing strategic direction to growing operations with focus on a proactive, forward thinking, scalable approach to creating processes
● Previous experience in Education and/or Healthcare industry preferred
● Experience in recruiting nurses into clinical settings strongly preferred.
● At least 6 months of experience within Placement
● Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously
● Strong sense of system orientation and focus on providing “white glove” service to our students and faculty
● Ability to forecast, track, monitor and quantify needs of Placement team
● Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
● Ability work and contribute in a team environment
2U partners with leading colleges and universities to deliver the world’s best online degree programs. Our Platform, a fusion services and technology, enables schools to attract, enroll, educate, support and graduate students around the world. Our company culture is united by our No Back Row® philosophy; the idea that when we each lean in and do our part, we are better individually and collectively.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.